Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lorelai's Baby Blessing

BABY BLESSING 2009
In the LDS church when babies are born they are given a special Priesthood blessing, usually by their fathers.  Ian gave Lorelai her blessing in the Foothill Ward in Riverside, California.  It is a special prayer that is given that states their name and then proceeds to render a blessing.  This is a good start to Lorelai's life and is the first blessing she is given.  She wore all white and actually cried through most of the blessing!  But it was a very touching experience for me, because Ian had returned to church in the last year from a period of inactivity.  There were times when he wasn't going to church that I wondered if I would be able to enjoy the blessings of the Priesthood for myself and my future children so to have him give me a blessing before I delivered Lorelai and to give her, her father's blessing brought me so much joy.  I look forward to many more spiritual moments in our home with this precious gift from our Heavenly Father and feel so lucky to be able to be a mother.
 
Our little family
 
Daddy and Lorelai
Uncle Doug and cousin Elijah Lane visiting from Oklahoma

Grandma Susie Sewell and mommy

Great Grandma Joan Lane

Cousin Katie and baby Jewel with Melissa and Lorelai having some quiet time in Lorelai's nursery during the luncheon






No comments:

Post a Comment

Lorelai's 6th Birthday

Birthday Dream Come True! When we lived in Texas, Lorelai said her wish would be to move back to California and spend her birthday with ...